Monday, December 17, 2012

Moving to Warsaw

Hey Family!
Well, another week has come and gone, and we now know all about transfers! Well, as expected, I'm being transferred. To where? To good old Warsaw! I'm going to be a senior companion to Elder S. He arrived in Poland about 2 months ago, so I'm going to be finishing the training program with him. He's about 6'5" (yay, I am no longer kinda tall in Poland, haha), and graduated in 2012 from Bingham High School. He also played football there (D-end I think). Apart from that, I don't know much else. As for Elder Bokinsky, he is staying in Sosnowiec (I'm jealous too, I love this place) and is training a brand new missionary. It's a big job, but he's definitely up to the task. We are enjoying the 12 days of Christmas together and have been had a great transfer together. I'm sad to leave him down here in Sosnowiec, but I'm excited to see what Warsaw has in store for me. There's a store called Adam's ties up there where they sell super cool ties to missionaries for 28 zlots, or 9 dollars. I think I might be buying a few ties :). I don't know what my address will be there, but you can just send things to the office and I will get them super quick. That's the address you have in Warsaw. Ul. Wiertnicza and stuff.
Also, a few logistical things. I will not be able to email next Monday, seeing as it is Christmas Eve. I will be back to emailing on the 31st though. Also, I've been assigned a time for all of you to call me! Christmas Day, You guys can call me at 11:00 AM Utah time, 7:00 PM Poland time. My companion will be getting his call an hour before, at 10:00 AM Utah time. Our phones don't call out of country, so you are to call me. I don't know the best way to do that, but I'm sure you'll figure all that out. Here is the number that I'll have for you to call me at:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm excited to talk to all of you and can't wait to hear about everything going on in all of your lives. It will definitely be a great Christmas present. Speaking of Christmas, I also sent a Christmas package home this past Wednesday with Christmas gifts for everybody! Don't open it until Christmas day though because nothing is wrapped. Also, be careful when you open it. It's pretty packed and you don't want to cut some of the things which are in there right under the tape. All I'm saying is don't be going and jabbing knives in recklessly haha.
Also, a few questions. First off, I don't have a picture of D from the baptism. Sister Nielson puts them on the blog and you guys can download them to your computer. Is it possible that you could do so and send me some of them (in email or copies, either works) so I can have a copy of them? That would be awesome. Also, in terms of cards and spending money, which is better for me to use? Credit Card or Debit Card? With all these doctor's visits I've had to pull out some money and pay for things with my own money, and I'm just wondering what the best way to do things is? Don't worry, I'm not just spending money willy-nilly. I'm being conservative and only spending money on things I actually need. Just let me know what you want me to do and everything. I know you said you'd keep an eye on everything, I'm just curious if there's anything else I need to know.
Ooh, also, my retainer cracked last night. It's still usable, but I may want my other one. Or would it be better to get another plastic one made up and sent to me? I don't know, but Mom, I know you'll be able to figure it out. Don't stress, It's not urgent, just giving you a heads up.
Whoo, I think we're through all the logistics. Now on to some of the happenings this week. It's been a bit of a slow week, with cleaning checks and a few things that we had to get done, so we haven't had a lot of success with contacting and finding new investigators, so I don't have very many cool stories, but I do have a few updates. Elder Mikolyski, my trainer, caught a train to Warsaw this week and is actually the new AP in our mission. It was sad to say goodbye to him, but I'm just following him right up to Warsaw, so that'll be fun! I'm going to include a picture of myself and him in this email (or at least try to... we'll see what this ancient computer can do).
Also, a cool happening yesterday in Church. Sister Hutchinson, one of the new senior missionaries here in Katowice, pulled out a song and was having it played on the piano in the chapel. I thought it sounded familiar for a while, but I thought I was going crazy, because it sounded like a song I'd only ever heard at Grandpa Leo's. Well, it was. She had a copy of "Star Bright" by Lorin Wheelwright. Small world huh? I thought it was super cool and a little tender mercy from the Lord, helping me to feel comforted in the Christmas season when it's hard to be away from all of you.
Hannah Bear, it sounds like you're having a fun time! Thanks for building a snowman for me! I'm glad you're having fun with Tao. Hey, guess what? D's family has a cat too. It's name is Puszek (poo-shek [like shrek without the r]). It's super cute and purrs all the time too. Keep having fun in school. I love you lots!
Emms, I'm pumped for you to go skiing and have a fun time playing lacrosse. Sounds like you're loving life. Love you lots and can't wait to talk to you. Ski hard for me!
Heath, I'm glad you're having a fun time and enjoying life. Tell everybody I love em and that I want a Copper Club Christmas Card. Love you lots too and can't wait to talk to you on Christmas. P.S. Keep the Siqqy safe for me. I miss that big old guy. He's fun to drive around in the snow.
Dad, I love hearing all about the stuff going on in Church and about history of hymns. Tell Bro. Heaps I say hello and wish him the best. Tell the same the Bro. Cuillard too if you see him sometime. I love you and I know this gospel is true. I'm excited for what the Lord has in store for me and remember your example for me everyday. Thanks for being an incredible Dad and showing me how to trust the Lord.
Mom, I love you lots. Don't worry, I'm healthy and doing great. I'm not too nervous about the change and excited to see what will happen. By the way, I love Ether 12. It's one of my favorite chapters of scripture. I'm sad I'm missing out on all your lessons, but know you're doing a great job. Grandma Honey tells me all about it all the time. Tell her I'm sorry I can't email her back, I just don't have time, but I enjoy getting her emails and love her and Grandpa Ted. I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas. Also, Heather doesn't need a smart phone. Don't expose her to all that junk already. I lasted all the way through my freshman year of college without even sending picture messages. She can last a little longer.
I love you all. This is the lord's work. My testimony grows daily. I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas. Merry Christmas and keep the faith!
Love,
Elder Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment